Last week, I attended Blogapalooza “Horizons” 2016, a huge business-to-blogger event which was held at The Elements at Centris, Quezon City. It was my second time attending, the previous was in 2015. I noticed that the venue was not as big as last year’s, which turned to be a positive thing on my part. For that reason, we were able to witness the program while we were in search for brands. I also appreciate the insightful discussions of the speakers who were just rock stars of their field! I gained a bunch of new ideas, and I can’t wait to dive into them.
On launching a blog:
- Start by knowing yourself.
- “What are your goals?”
- “What is your expertise?”
- “What do you want to share with the world?”
- Authenticity + Connectivity (to reader) = Blog Success (TWEET THIS!)
- Treat your blog as a brand. Meaning, it needs to have an appearance and a character.
- Branding is not just the logo per se. It is the total package of your blog including its core values.
On pursuit of passion:
- Do what you know best. There’s no specific job title that will guarantee your success.
- Do not stop doing what makes you feel “fulfilled” because in the end when you get all the success, you’ll keep doing it.
On quality over quantity:
- If you have the quality, quantity will follow.
- Focus on building relationships. Numbers are superficial. (TWEET THIS!)
On working with brands:
- Promote what you believe in. After all, it is you and your blog that represents that product/service. The quality of content must also be observed.
- Accept brands if you see yourself working with them for the next few years. (TWEET THIS!)
On growing your blog:
- You must remember that your blog is just a tool. It is not the end product. There are many opportunities and purposeful things that you can do outside.
- If you decided to get serious with blogging, you must learn ‘marketing’. Creating valuable content starts with a “need”.
- Know your competitors. And most importantly, know yourself. (TWEET THIS!)
We can’t hide that there’s a growing network of bloggers in the digital world. Though blogging is accessible to anybody, it’s hard to win the competition if it’s your first time in the game. However, what happens if you follow the trend is that you might grow your blog but it gets you nowhere because you do not have a brand that sets off from the crowd. The biggest lesson I learned is that it doesn’t matter where you are right now and how far you are still trying to reach. If you know yourself and you trust yourself, you’ll find a place that will allow you to thrive.
I heard that there will be Blogapalooza 2016 Part 2 by November. Might see you guys there? Anyway, I hope you’ll be able to grasp the lessons. I think these are all worthy to share.
Now, tell me your thoughts or reflections? Do agree? Which part do you disagree with?
If you think your friends will like this, feel free to share!